Maggie Hensel-Brown – Curriculum Vitae
· 2016 Vanderbilt’s Tablecloth- Maitland Regional Art Gallery
· 2013 Steel Seams- Cessnock Regional Art Gallery
· 2012 Brenda Clouten Award Exhibition- Maitland Regional Art Gallery
Selected Group Exhibitions
. 2018 Lace, Not Lace: Contemporary Fiber Art from Lacemaking Techniques, Hunterdon Art Museum (NJ, USA)
· 2018 Seeing Red, The Lockup Contemporary Art Space, NSW
· 2016 Living Cultures, Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, NSW
· 2015 Friends With Benefits, Sharing is Caring, TINA Festival, NSW
· 2015 Converse, NANA Contemporary Art Gallery, NSW
· 2014 Podzome, Newcastle University Gallery, NSW
· 2014 Salon 2014, MK11, NSW
· 2014-2016- Director/Curator at The Workroom Gallery. The Emporium, Newcastle NSW.
· 2013- Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Newcastle
· 2012- Advanced Diploma of Fine Arts, Hunter TAFE
· 2012 Winner- Brenda Clouten Memorial Award
. Lace, Not Lace: Contemporary Fiber Art from Lacemaking Techniques. Devon Thein, 2018. Openwork Imprint.
. Maggie Hensel-Brown brings modern touch to ancient artform. Zana Kobayashi, Newcastle Herald, 18/5/2018
Maggie Hensel-Brown an artist based in Newcastle, NSW. Her works combine simple materials, dissecting them to their essential properties and experimenting with balance and composition. She specialises in lacemaking, using intricate historical techniques to create contemporary imagery.